Iowa Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Professional Development Program
Welcome to the Iowa Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) website! The purpose of this website is to help you find information on SARE local, regional and national programs, grants and resources. It also provides updates on relevant news and events going on in Iowa and affecting Iowa agriculture. Since 1988, the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program has advanced profitable and environmentally sound farming systems that are good for communities through a nationwide research and education grants program.
Iowa SARE PDP Program State Initiatives
- Building Leadership, Communication, and Capacity in Sustainable Agriculture
- Implementing Diversified Production and Marketing Systems
- Scaling up and Strengthening Local Foods Systems
- Addressing Issues in Soil Health, Water Quality, Energy and Climate
- Strengthening the Success and Sustainability of Beginning Farmers
- The Sustainable Iowa Land Trust received a SARE grant to create the guide “An Iowa Landowners Guide to Sustainable Food Crops,” which is now available.
- Sustainable Agriculture Through Sustainable Learning is the new technical bulletin available.
- A Sustainable Approach to Controlling Honey Bee Diseases and Varroa Mites
- Selecting Cattle to Improve Grazing Distribution Patterns, Rangeland Health and Water Quality
- Smart Water Use on your Farm or Ranch
You can learn more about the progress of these projects later this year and previous projects funded through SARE by searching the SARE data base.